Planned and Reactive Maintenance
In these cost conscious times we find that many organisations are looking long and hard at the way in which they maintain, replace or repair equipment. The dilemma is made more complicated when issues such as Health and Safety, carbon footprint, and the need to comply with legislation are taken into account. CLT Electrical & Data Ltd can provide several services that will help you.
Planned Maintenance – Bulk Lamp Changes
Bulk lamp changes, can be very cost effective especially when access is an issue. Working at height poses its own difficulties. Advantages of the approach include:
- Better managed Health and Safety risks, by reducing the frequency of operatives working at height.
- Reduced costs associated with the hire of access equipment (towers, cherry pickers etc).
- Clean reflectors and luminaries work more efficiently.
- Less disruption to your operation due to ad hoc replacements being avoided.
- The potential to replace older, less efficient lamps with modern, lower energy LED and longer life equivalents.
Planned Maintenance – Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
We can help you meet the PAT requirements, give us a call to discuss the most cost effective way of dealing with this simple but important issue.
Planned Maintenance – Periodic Inspection and Testing now called (EICR Electrical Installation Condition Report)
This is a requirement that is often overlooked – until something goes wrong! Periodic testing is important, but as the frequency of testing is typically 5 years it is easy to forget. However, should there be an incident it will be one of the first things that you are required to produce, so is well worth checking in advance.
Many organisations have relied upon general maintenance staff or unqualified people to carry out minor electrical work, and repairs. There are several issues with this approach. Alterations, additions or repairs of electrical equipment all require testing by a competent person, and a certificate issued by an approved contractor. CLT Electrical & Data Ltd understand the need to respond promptly in these circumstances, and provide support on a contracted or call out basis.